Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Harry Potter Butter Beer Recipe

I found several different Butter Beer recipes, some are as easy as mixing Carmel sauce with cream soda,
but by far this Butter Beer recipe from Hope Studios is the best.
It is made after the Butter Beer at Harry Potter World.
It takes a little more work, creating your own Carmel mixture but it is completely worth it!

*Updated on 6/12*

Harry Potter Butter Beer Recipe

Ingredients:
1 cup light or dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons water
6 tablespoon butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
1/2 teaspoon rum extract
Four 12-ounce bottles cream soda (I used cold cream soda)

Directions:
Brown Sugar Syrup
In a small saucepan over medium, combine the brown sugar and water. Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 degrees on a candy thermometer.
Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar and 1/4 heavy cream.
Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Once the mixture has cooled, stir in the rum extract.

Whipped Topping:
In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the brown sugar mixture and the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream. Use an electric mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped, about 2 to 3 minutes.


To serve, scoop 1/4 cup of Brown Sugar Syrup into each glass.
 Add about 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass, then stir to combine.
Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.

*because I had a large group we quadrupled the recipe and used 2 liters instead of individual cans.


Frozen Butter Beer
(variation of recipe)

Make as directed above, but put Butter Beer and Cream Soda Mixture into blender with ice. 
Top with whipped cream mixture.


*I purchased large mugs at the Dollar Store, dipped the rims in water then sugar, froze overnight, then attached personal Harry Potter Drink tags found: here.

Entire Harry Potter Party Details and

Free Harry Potter Printable Labels and Tags found: here.


blog hop button October Blog Hop & Giveaway: Favorite Halloween Recipes
http://www.recipelionblog.com/october-blog-hop-giveaway-favorite-halloween-recipes/

14 comments:

  1. i cannot even get over this. seriously. i am in complete awe! you are just amazing at EVERYTHING you do. by far the most talented and creative person i know. i love and miss you. ps. i just now realized that i never called you back a couple of weeks ago. well now that i'm on bedrest, we should have plenty of time to catch up. call me anytime that works for you from 8:30-6:30. i'll just be here...in bed...no kids...no interruptions. love you, my friend...and miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This would be so great for our Halloween Recipe Blog Hop! http://is.gd/X7I9XV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can the caramel mixture be made and stored for a few weeks? I would like to give the caramel sauce, cream soda, and a mug in a neat basket as a Christmas gift.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just back from vacation and got your question.
    I had never thought of storing the carmel mixure, but I think it should work...I would just keep it refridgerated. Great gift idea and I will have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rum extract has alcohol in it. Since you didn't cook it in the begining it is still there. Don't you thinik this would be a problem if you give this to children, or worse an alcoholic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. About the Run Extract having Alcohol. Mine has a 28%, where my Vanilla Extract has 37%....so similar to making frosting with vanilla extract it should be just fine. But I have made the recipe without the RUm Extract, because I simply forgot once and I honestly couldn't tell the difference. So if you are at all concerned go with out! I hope that helps!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 26, 2012

    How do you make this recipe for the big punch bowl...I was confused. Please help! LOVE ALL OF YOUR IDEAS! My son's 6th birthday will be outstanding because of you.
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The recipe in the big punch bowl is the Butter Beer (minus the cream soda). We scooped the mixture into the glasses then added the cream soda. Then finished it off with a scoop of the whipped topping.

      Because the recipe above is used for regular sized glasses, we doubled the amount for our very large Mugs.

      It probably sounds confusing, since the recipe is made for 4, but we quadrupled it. I did read over it and made some revisions...I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

      Delete
    2. So what measurements would you use for a punch bowl? I'm confused as to whether or not the recipe was already edited to reflect the larger portion size.

      Delete
  8. This sounds like a really fun recipe-thanks for posting :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My daughter was so pleased with your invites. She is having a Harry Potter Feast for her birthday. Could I make the Butter Beer in the punch bowl in advance? Could I put the cream soda together or should I leave it until last with the cream?

    Thanks for all your printables

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi- For the butter beer you could make it in advance, I saved left overs and it still was great. If you add the cream soda, I haven't actually tried it, but I am guessing the only concern would be the soda might go flat? So maybe don't add it too far in advance? The whipped topping, you won't want to make any earlier than the day of, due to the whipped cream. I hope that helps and good luck with your feast party!

      Delete
  10. Thats great. Thanks for all your printables and recipes, she is so very excited!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...